Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Looking for cage that can fit 3-4 gliders.
Question
Apr 01 2020
12:23:29 AM
Every cage i find seems to have some limitation. I like the idea of the deluxe critter nation cage and the ability to add a level. The thing I hate about it is the tray seems to sit above the bars/grate which just doesn't make sense. If there was a way to modify this so the tray sits below it. This would be the best option by far.

The Congo cage seems decent but isn't expandable.

The Exotic Nutrition oriental cage would be perfect and the one I would buy but the doors look way too small to be useful. I can't even see the wheel fitting through the doors.

The hexagon cage looks cool and also has small doors. Also being a hexagon wastes space for looks.

Any opinions on which I should go with?
Question
Apr 01 2020
12:17:12 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

the center divider is not used, I tie wrap it to the bottom bars and put
the plastic trays under the bottom of cage, takes a little work sometimes to
get them in and out, but if you turn and pull the right way come out easy, you also
trim the plastic tray to make it easier if needed.
some of the new cages I hear don't have the bottom cross bar support, if that is
true you will need to make additional modifications, but finding a small plastic tube to tie wrap as a support should be easy at hardware store for the right
person.
Question
Apr 01 2020
07:56:53 PM
aapuzzo Joey Visit aapuzzo's Photo Album 17 Posts
That is probably the way to go. I have a feeling they removed that extra support and it will take a modification. I want to be able use the crumbled paper bedding in the tray too. I could probably RB weld a piece of angle aluminum to legs act as a track
Question
Apr 10 2020
02:42:44 PM
sofiedigital Starting Member Visit sofiedigital's Photo Album 7 Posts
I made my whole cage (8ft H x 2 Ft W) using PVC pipes and black hardware netting... many ideas on google, find the best one for you! Also , the supplies at home depot cost me less that $200. My cage is HUGE. The hardware netrting is great because every year, I renew all the pieces to keep the cage like new! Hope this helps!!!
Question
Apr 10 2020
10:42:59 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by sofiedigital

I made my whole cage (8ft H x 2 Ft W) using PVC pipes and black hardware netting... many ideas on google, find the best one for you! Also , the supplies at home depot cost me less that $200. My cage is HUGE. The hardware netrting is great because every year, I renew all the pieces to keep the cage like new! Hope this helps!!!

that looks great.
I was going to do that years ago, but the cost seemed to add up to $400 or more.
so I ended up doing the whole room instead in the end, years later.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders