Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HELP! Aggressive gliders
HELP! Aggressive gliders
Question
Apr 06 2020
02:45:29 AM
I started with two gliders that mated and gave me my third glider, which is a male. They all lived in the same cage together for a while peacefully. After the baby started to reach maturity, the mother started being hostile towards it. Eventually, they all started fighting with each other. They all are in separate cages now, because they can’t be trusted together. I pushed two of the cages up next to each other, only for the baby and the dad to start clawing at each other through the bars. As of now, the baby and the dad do fine with me and will play with me separately. The mom doesn’t like any human interaction at all and is constantly crabbing. At the end of the day, I know they would be better off if they could all be together as a family again. Any insight on why they are doing this and what I can do to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
Question
Apr 08 2020
08:09:56 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
its hard to tell, but I would start with getting the males neutered.
I have 3 females with 3 nuetered males and they are all happy, the alpha
male gets bossy some time but they are happy and friendly.

maybe someone else will answer and give other advice.
Question
Apr 15 2020
05:12:24 PM
BatGirl Glider Visit BatGirl's Photo Album BatGirl's Journal USA 50 Posts
Roger on neutering the males - the female is attacking her mature son as she now sees him as a rival to her mate - for now - after neutering both males, they'll be more docile to eachother and quit the in-fighting, then the female will dismiss the rivalry and all shall be peaceful
Question
Apr 27 2020
08:02:17 AM
kathy.khamo Starting Member 3 Posts
Yes!!! Get both males neutered ASAP!
Question
May 05 2020
07:31:06 PM
lingga Starting Member 2 Posts
my experience to prevent such a thing is to separate his child first. then you need to remember if you have an adult female, don't let her move her cage because sugar gliders are territorial animals, she can be stressed if you move her to a new cage because it is hard for her to adapt again if all she has a partner then you separate her from her partner
HELP! Aggressive gliders

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HELP! Aggressive gliders