Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Habitat Ideas Needed for New Home
Question
Apr 15 2020
09:59:25 AM
My husband and I adopted a male sugar glider a couple summers ago from one of his coworkers who wasn't able to offer him the socialization he needed as a nocturnal pet. His name is Professor Snickers. He is neutered, healthy, and very sweet. He is, however, a VERY messy eater. Throws finished fruit seeds against the wall messy. When we moved from our town home, the wall was wrecked. We had to use a paint scraped to take the raspberry and blackberry seeds off the paint, windowsill, and blinds nearby and repaint everything.

So we have gone under contract on a new home. We want to upgrade his aviary to an even bigger cage to give him more space to run and we plan to put him in our office so he won't be too disturbed during the day but we can hear him barking for attention when he needs something (or when he wants to express his displeasure with whatever vegetable we've decided to have him try.)

I want to see ideas for a splash zone that's easy to clean and looks decent. We've discussed mounting plexiglass to the wall but that's probably 3 full 4x8 sheets to cover his area of effect and that would run almost $400. What have y'all done for your messy babies?
Question
Apr 15 2020
03:37:54 PM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
we just got basic shower curtains and tacked them up behind the cages ( we needed 3 to the 2 cages we have and then I even went farther and put some cheap rugs down under the cages and in front to caught what ours toss out the front.
Question
Apr 15 2020
10:30:24 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

mine is actually 2 $20 tupperware containers that are a little bit bigger,
but this "kitchen" helps keep most of the food in an easy to clean area.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders