Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Had to say goodbye to acorn
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 17 2020
11:33:48 AM
Last week it was Luna..last night my baby acorn,my born on the forth of July baby had wet tail. Bad case too. Not sure what happened he was eating fine and walking around . Then I didn’t handle them for two day I was rescuing a parrot and yea so that’s it. I now have two left. Super upset I didn’t catch it sooner, and isolation is making me feel worse .cant seem to upload a photo
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 02 2020
05:50:52 PM
WhiskersNC Starting Member Visit WhiskersNC's Photo Album 8 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my first/original glider (Raisin) about 3 weeks ago.

I read When Your Pet Dies: A Guide to Mourning, Remembering and Healing by Alan D. Wolfelt, and it helped me to feel a bit better and not "crazy" for being an adult who was so distraught over the loss of a dead pet. As the author says, your grief and your relationships with your pets are both unique.

After I had Raisin cremated, I found a company online who memorializes lost loved ones (both people and animals) by adding their ashes to a special art glass. The company can make the special glass into a piece of jewelry for you if you want, or they can just send you a glass memento. If you did cremate your glider(s) and are interested, I can share the company info. The owner was very nice.

Maybe your sweet babies are playing with my sweet Raisin now, smelling flowers and snuggling somewhere over the Rainbow Bridge.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat