GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sugar Glider Balding
Sugar Glider Balding
Health related
Apr 17 2020
04:17:11 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum!
So I've had my boys (Arrow and P-body) for about 3 years now when they were almost a year old. I was told that they had a pom-on neuter and that the scent glands on their head were removed. They both had two tiny bald spots on their head. I know males typically have one large "bald" spot in the centre of their head were the scent glad is, but theirs are on either side of where the gland would be. Arrow's bald spots were always a bit bigger that P-body's, but for the longest time the sizes never changed.

That brings us to now...

For the past two months I've noticed Arrow's bald spots have gotten really big, but I don't know what could be causing it. There's been no significant changes to their diet or the way I clean their cage. He's still eating, pooping, and peeing regularly. I have no idea what could be going on. I can't bring him to the vet right now because his vet (and as far as I know all the vets where I live) are currently only seeing urgent emergencies, which I totally understand.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!
Health related
Apr 22 2020
04:33:32 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
I really don't know the cause of it, but my neutered boy also has those same bald spots you are talking about, and a friend of mine's male got it too. Mine came around when he was about 8 years old or older, though. The vet told me it's fine. Could be from overgrooming, though.
Sugar Glider Balding

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sugar Glider Balding