Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Neutered male. Need help/advice quickly
Health related
Apr 24 2020
09:11:36 PM
Okay so I got my 1 1/2 year old male glider neutered(pom off) thursday between 1-2(they never told me when they actually did it) they were very sweet but never gave me any post OP instructions(but when I took my dog to our local vet I got several pages of instructions??) I had to request(and pay) for an ecollar well the whole day he couldn't drink or eat anything solid I had to give him pureed fruits to get him something in his stomach and he also wouldn't sleep. The same happened today so I called the vet several times and finally got to talk to the one who did the procedure who was very sweet and seemed to know what she was talking about. She told me to take the collar off and see if he would eat and he ate a large chunk of water melon and drink a good amount of water that I sweetened with a few drops of pedialyte. I drove an hour back to the vet and She showed me how to get the collar back on and said as long as I watched him he could have it off during the day to eat. Well he was fine for several hours and he'd finally gotten a few hours of sleep when I notice him suddenly start going at his incision and it's a bit red so we tried(for over 20 minutes) to get his collar back on and now he is sitting in his cage and not moving. I dont know if it's from the panic and fear of the collar or what. We tugged on it to make sure it wouldn't come off and twisted it to make sure it moved and wasn't too tight. She never showed me how to make sure its not too tight, how to clean it, or anything about to spot where he was fixed. She said it doesnt have stitches and I think she said it was glued? Not completely sure about that at all. I could really use someone to talk to. I dont know if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. He is being kept in a small bird cage I bought just for this and it's being kept near his cage where he can see his family. Last might I slept with the light on so that it would keep his movements to the minimum but it also meant that the others didnt get out and play very much. She said it would take 10 days before he could be placed back with the others but will it really take that long? Sorry for the book but this is really upsetting me.
Health related
Apr 25 2020
02:25:10 AM
SuggieMommy314 Joey Visit SuggieMommy314's Photo Album 18 Posts
She also never asked me which kind of neuter I wanted(though I do like the pom off method) currently he has been constipated which is weird with the liquid food and water melon I've been feeling him and I can tell that he is in pain. He was completely fine the first day aside from not eating or sleeping, he was very active and even earlier today he was pretty active until now.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders