Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Is My Sugar Glider Okay?
Is My Sugar Glider Okay?
Default, miscellaneous
May 30 2020
01:05:12 PM
Hello guys, this us my first time here. Guide me if I'm wrong, okay?

So my sister gave me her pair of sugar glider Tuah & Bella because she moved to somewhere else and there's no space for the big cage. So I took them two home. A few months later Bella gave birth to Jebat. They three seems to be doing really well. Until a few days ago, I noticed that Bella started sneezing? weirdly. She never does this before.

This also only happens for just a few minutes during the night. Then nothing happened, she play, she eat and do all her activities like normal.

You can see what I meant by the video in the link below:

youtu.be/Ltc3TyiSeAA

Also, I noticed something sticking out just a little bit something reddish like that coming out of her horizontal pouch? Could it be she is pregnant again? It's the first joey just came out of pocket around 11 weeks ago on 31 Mac.

I really need help to recognize if my sugar glider is okay or not, yes vet would be a better option, but I need to seriously take a day off from work for that, so I would really consider it serious then I will go to the vet. Thanks in advance.

Default, miscellaneous
Jun 25 2020
11:23:43 AM
BatGirl Glider Visit BatGirl's Photo Album BatGirl's Journal USA 50 Posts
Sounds like you've got a handful!

I'd get the male fixed ASAP unless you want lots of Sugar Gliders to deal with - and if the baby is male, consider getting him fixed.

Your mother Sugar Glider is sick and while you're at the Veterinarian getting the dad fixed, you need to bring mom along and get her checked out - looks/sounds like an infection of some sort, and the pouch discharge is symptomatic of an infection. I pray that perhaps you have already been to the Veterinarian and she is doing better by now - if not, do not delay further...

God bless you and your little lovelies

Default, miscellaneous
Jun 30 2020
01:46:52 PM
ZMi Starting Member 0 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by BatGirl

Sounds like you've got a handful!

I'd get the male fixed ASAP unless you want lots of Sugar Gliders to deal with - and if the baby is male, consider getting him fixed.

Your mother Sugar Glider is sick and while you're at the Veterinarian getting the dad fixed, you need to bring mom along and get her checked out - looks/sounds like an infection of some sort, and the pouch discharge is symptomatic of an infection. I pray that perhaps you have already been to the Veterinarian and she is doing better by now - if not, do not delay further...

God bless you and your little lovelies

Thank you for your reply. I didn't have time to go check to the vet, but Bella the one I showed in the video doesn't do that (sneezing stuff) anymore. And that opening is not her pregnancy, it's just I saw something. But now she seems very well and the other two male, the dad and the joey seems okay two. I've been playing with them in my room after letting them eat and poop around a few hours in their cage. Thank you.
Is My Sugar Glider Okay?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Is My Sugar Glider Okay?