Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Aggressive biting after 6 years
Question
Jul 31 2020
04:29:16 PM
I've had 2 sugar gliders for about 6 years and after 6 blissful years of no biting other than the occasional affectionate nip, my one glider started biting harder and harder every time. I go tsst, I don't pull away, and tonight he bit so hard and was so dissatisfied at not breaking skin on the back of my hand that he started aggressively scraping and biting until he broke skin, despite all the tsst'ing. I don't know what is happening or why he is suddenly doing this.

I moved house about 2 months ago so I don't know if that is somehow having an effect? But again he has never ever bitten me like this. I'm not doing anything to provoke him either - I will stand in their room and he will jump onto me and run to my hand to start biting. What on earth do I do and what can this be??
Question
Aug 08 2020
09:48:32 AM
aapuzzo Joey Visit aapuzzo's Photo Album 17 Posts
Wants a treat since it's your hands they come from?

Edited by - aapuzzo on Aug 08 2020 09:49:22 AM
Question
Oct 17 2021
10:11:33 AM
Horsemagic Starting Member 1 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Landi

I've had 2 sugar gliders for about 6 years and after 6 blissful years of no biting other than the occasional affectionate nip, my one glider started biting harder and harder every time. I go tsst, I don't pull away, and tonight he bit so hard and was so dissatisfied at not breaking skin on the back of my hand that he started aggressively scraping and biting until he broke skin, despite all the tsst'ing. I don't know what is happening or why he is suddenly doing this.

I moved house about 2 months ago so I don't know if that is somehow having an effect? But again he has never ever bitten me like this. I'm not doing anything to provoke him either - I will stand in their room and he will jump onto me and run to my hand to start biting. What on earth do I do and what can this be??

Question
Oct 17 2021
10:38:55 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
Hmm strange. Is he getting enough to eat? Maybe he's hungry. Does he have enough toys and stimulation in his cage?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders