GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
A matter of importance, I feel.
Off topic chat
Sep 10 2020
10:39:02 AM
Hi everyone!

So I'm a member here because I absolutely adore sugar gliders and want to both talk and learn more about them.

But there is one very big problem.

I only see negative talk about gliders here, and it's making me like them less, even though I still love them. But it would be so realieving to see someone discuss their surely many good sides for once.

So therefore I want people to write what they love about gliders. All the positive stuff. Why you got them. You can also introduce us to your glider. And rate from one to ten how hard they are to bond with, but other then that.. ONLY POSITIVE!

All the problems are discussed so often here, and that is really important, but what if someone comes here looking for wheter gliders are good for them? We're making them seem awful. And with many animals, that's how it looks, intil you meet/get them.. and then it's not that bad after all.

Off topic chat
Oct 20 2020
09:22:59 AM
GandKaidos Glider 55 Posts
Hello!

I found, while researching for sugar gliders, there were a lot of negative things to be seen about owning them. Many found on this site. However, I also found it was very helpful to know what I could be getting myself into with these wonderful creatures.
THAT being said, I dug and dug and dug through sites for the wonderful things about these creatures that I knew did exist..

Now it is my turn to pay it forward to those researching these precious animals
first off: Bonding with your sugar gliders (while sometimes challenging) is one of the most rewarding experiences ever. From the first time my sugar glider let me hold her in my hand while she slept, to the first time she and her brother jumped out of the cage to see me when I came to feed them... All the way to kissy sounds from them and twittering unceasingly when I scratch their chins.

Secondly: They are adorably soft and quite warm and companionable.

Thirdly: They way they chew...it's just too cute!

I wanted an animal that was small, soft, and would sleep in my hoodie pockets.
Sugar gliders are exactly that. Challenging at times, yes, a bit painful when they decide you are tasty, and sometimes a bit scratchy when they decide to escape down your shirt back... But it's all worth it when they snuggle their head into your hand while they sleep.... or crawl up into your neck when you're watching a move... They're essentially perfection

Their ears are 10/10
and when you are blessed enough to be able to give their little cheeks some pets??? that's when you realize a little more of what God's promised you in Heaven.

Don't be discouraged by the news you see on Sugar Gliders. They are a lot of work but the rewards are innumerable and amazing.
Off topic chat
Jan 18 2021
05:11:26 PM
jmprgrl Starting Member Visit jmprgrl's Photo Album 2 Posts
Oh my gosh, I'm in! They are even more wonderful than I imagined! I love to just sit there with my hand in the pouch holding them when they sleep. I love to rub their belly in the cage when they run up to see me. Watching them play is so much fun! We have a safe room where there is a macrame chair and wall hanging they love to climb then jump on us from. Even our dogs are getting used to them. Our hound LOVES them. We are carefully introducing them, and they are so curious about her :) Love these babies!

Off topic chat
Jan 19 2021
01:04:31 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
I love my babies. I love talking about them, haha. It's been a joy watching my once-skittish female, Dreamer, grow in her trust of me. I love the sounds they make when they're happy or when they find a food that they especially love. I love how soft they are. I love all of the variety of colors that they come in! There is so much beauty and love that these adorable creatures give! They are AWESOME for anyone who is struggling with anxiety. Whenever I'm sad or stressed, my little boy, Ink, will look at me with his big, dark eyes and sit on my lap and let me pet him until I feel better. What's more awesome than that?!

Off topic chat
Apr 01 2021
08:42:16 AM
Petarus brevicapus fan Joey Petarus brevicapus fan's Journal Norway 22 Posts
Naaw!

Thanks for answers!
Off topic chat
Jun 27 2021
06:39:25 PM
mysuggyhansel1209 Starting Member 0 Posts
I just got 2 new girls and they loved jumping and crawling on me and it is so fun once you get to know them. If you truly love them than it isn't as hard as it may seem.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat