Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Strong urine smell?
Strong urine smell?
Health related
Sep 15 2020
10:35:05 PM
Eureka! One of my sugar gliders, Mika has a very strong urine smell as of late. I've been doing the diluted cranberry water to help if she has a UTI before taking her to the vet. She eats, snacks, and drinks fine but what else aside from a possible UTI is causing her to stink so bad? At first, I thought it was the male companion, Riku, (he's fixed) but when I do the sniff check on him, he doesn't smell at all. Could this also be a marking territory by him on her? I fret having to go to the vet's office again due to my very first visit to him recently resulted in my very first sugar glider of 3 years old, Seiya, having to sadly be put down due to her underlying chronic bone disease that in the end, shifted within to where it laid on top of her digestive organs to where she couldn't urinate or deficate without struggling. She was eating, snacking and drinking good but just was having trouble using the restroom.

I'd hate having to relive that ordeal again and lose another sweet bear due to something possibly underlying..
Strong urine smell?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Strong urine smell?