Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Missing a meal once in awhile
Food, Diet
Nov 25 2020
01:28:21 PM
I have had my Kiko and Kiwi a month now. They seem happy and love to play no health issue's that I can tell. I have noticed a few nights I will put out their food and they will eat most all of it then the next night they will hardly touch it. They do have dry food and eucalyptus stick in the cage during the day just in case they wake up while I'm at work and decide they want to munch however I see no evidence that they touch the dry food only the eucalyptus stick. ( I do have a camera on them at all times and can watch and record them when I'm not around, I found this to help me learn their sleeping and play schedule a lot easier as they have their own bedroom and I set alarms to wake up and play with them). I'm not sure if I spoiled them with all organic fruits and veggies and now just have picky eaters. Should I be concerned the nights they don't eat? They don't act any different they still have a ton of energy they glide all over their bedroom, jump in their ball pit, chase the balls and love to climb up and down my curtains in my room during play time, poop is normal sleep is normal I see no difference in them other than not eating some nights.

They are fed fresh fruits, veggies and either chicken egg or dried mealworms every night at the same time as soon as they wake up. I have tried to feed them instant mixes they will not touch it.
Food, Diet
Nov 26 2020
01:48:41 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
if it's only once in a while and that they eat normally the next day, I wouldnt worry about it.
Might be interresting to note if there is something common to the meals they skip, could be something they dislike in it, could be weather related, or cyclic.
Food, Diet
Nov 27 2020
08:44:59 AM
GandKaidos Glider 55 Posts
Mine do this too on occasion.usually they will have eaten a TON the night before and then they just don't have room in their tummies for more. If they are skipping over a type of food consistently...they probably don't like it and thus won't eat it
Food, Diet
Nov 29 2020
09:23:30 AM
KaraP Starting Member 5 Posts
They are picky and don't like some foods. The few nights they have skipped are foods I know they like, they could just have eaten alot the night before and not to hungry. Thank you for your input helps calm my nerves knowing mine are not the only ones that do this.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders