Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What are the most dangerous foods for sugar gliders?
Food, Diet
Nov 27 2020
07:49:41 PM
When I search online for dangerous foods I find there isn't often a distinction between "this might make them sick" vs "a crumb of this could kill them." Obviously we should keep it out of their reach either way but recently Ash managed to get away from me and lick up some milk, so I called the emergency line, and the guy acted like I was crazy for calling over that.

So what are the foods that would warrant an emergency call? Obviously chocolate is one but what else? Does anyone know a site with a list of them? It would also be useful because then I could just avoid bringing those into the house entirely.
Food, Diet
Dec 08 2020
12:23:47 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Some things which may justify an emergency call as they are highly toxic:
chocolate
leek and all the familly (onion, garlic...)
rhubarb
potatoes (especially raw)
apple/pear/cherry/peach/apricot seeds

I'm sure there are others but that's all I can think about at the moment (everything which is toxic and dangerous for you obviously is also likely to be for them).
Food, Diet
Dec 27 2020
05:55:30 PM
Avia Starting Member 2 Posts
Chocolate is a big no no. Same with processed sugar.
Oranges, strawberries, and raspberries are too acidic.
Since they give a vast amount of water from the foods they eat, staying away from salt is always a good idea.

This is a widely debated topic, however I have mostly stuck to articles published by vets when it comes to choosing what to feed my glider.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders