GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
No.wheel need idea pls
No.wheel need idea pls
Question
Dec 04 2020
09:01:12 AM
Hi All,
I have had my gliders for about 5 years. About 1 year ago we bought them a new wheel for Christmas it was a wheel with no axle and recommended for sugar gliders. I was so excited they did not need a new wheel I just wanted to get a a nice present for them. Unfortunately there was a defect in the wheel and ended up degloving both of my girls tail #128549;. Both ended up having one of her tails completely amputated and the other one lost only a bit. So I had already thrown the other one a one out (wheel) and now I was stuck with a defective wheel. Which the company didn't even replace.. I cannot bring myself to put another wheel in their cage. I have tried other things like scavenger toys and different types of toys but any suggestions for excersizes would be great. They get tent time. Do I need just put another wheel in there? They used to love their wheel. Just thought of it stress me out.

Edited by - Crazydogtrainer on Dec 04 2020 09:03:47 AM
Question
Dec 15 2020
12:09:13 PM
AphroditeandNox Starting Member 2 Posts
Hey, I've never left a comment before but ik sometimes answers are rare. In my opinion the wheels are super important for gliders. They just aren't going to get the same amount of exercise in a cage or tent. They can't run as far or as fast or as long as they want without a wheel. My two girls would simply lose it if I took out their wheel because it's their favorite toy. If you're really nervous I'd suggest buying a new, well reviewed wheel and only give it to them when you're able to monitor them using it. Then take it back when you can't monitor them anymore and repeat that process until you feel they're safe to use it. There are also some wheels that are clear/open and easy to see into all the time. If they loved running in it maybe it's worth it for them.
Question
Dec 23 2020
11:04:26 PM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
My gliders love their stealth freedom wheel. I haven't had any accidents with it and they use it every night.
Question
Dec 24 2020
01:26:11 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
wheels I know of considered very glider safe.

freedom wheel, now made by myfreerunner.com NOT atticworz.
raptor wheel, at www.mygliderwheelsandmore.com/shop-for-wheels.html
custom cruiser.
also apollo at critterlove.com.

I have 6 gliders, have had up to 15. I use freedom wheel, raptor wheel,
a treadmill - unkown maker, and think a custom cruiser.
In 5 years I have NEVER had an accident with a freedom or raptor.

I had a raptor that started to crack on the back lid part, so I took it out
and threw away as I thought the nails could get stuck in the crack while running
on wheel.

with any of these wheels you must clean and INSPECT, if a problem is seen,
throw away or fix immediately.
Question
Dec 24 2020
03:22:53 PM
Crazydogtrainer Starting Member 2 Posts
Wow. Thanks all. It seems silly but I never thought of supervised running time. I will definitely check out the raptor or stealth wheel. I used the silent running wheel, which was highly recommended but scary to try again. I have been struggling with this for a year going back and forth but having other recommendations from other glider owners is very reassuring. Thanks again really appreciate it. They will probably also like filing their nails down instead of clipping them we use a honey straw to help but they aren't a huge fan of it but they do like their honey. Thanks!!
No.wheel need idea pls

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
No.wheel need idea pls