Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Cage cleaning
Cage cleaning
Question
Dec 21 2020
01:56:45 PM
I Am looking for ways to keep my glider cages cleaner. I have a boy and a girl both in separate cages but they are right next to each other. I keep them separate because the girl is still young and small. I am looking for new ways to keep these cages clean. I have bins under their cages with some wood shavings in them, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to keep the cage cleaner or had any ideas I could try. I wipe down the cages every one to two weeks with some dawn dish soap and some water. the smell can become overwhelming and since they live in my bedroom, I am trying to keep the smell down. has anyone tried laying a fleece blanket or anything like that on the floor and washing it every few days? Thanks! :)
Question
Dec 21 2020
09:25:56 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
I have a fleece mat on the bottom of their cage. I wash that ever little while and then clean the cage with wipes and with a mixture of vinegar and hot water.I soak all of the toys every week or two. I have an unneutered male, so he naturally adds a LOT of smell. Overcleaning the cage can also make them mark it up a lot and add to the smell. It's hard finding a good balance.
Question
Dec 24 2020
11:54:45 AM
Mushu.nala Starting Member Mushu.nala's Journal 4 Posts
Okay thank you! I think I'm going to try a fleece blanket on the bottom of the cage.
Cage cleaning

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Cage cleaning