Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Sudden glider sickness
Sudden glider sickness
Question
Dec 30 2020
12:02:08 AM
My 3 year old female glider suddenly started to make a clicking and awful loud distress cry for over 30 minutes today clung to the side of her cage. Her mouth was open and she seemed in bad respiratory distress. My glider loves her pouch or to be balled up in a shirt in the bottom of the cage so for her to be attached to the side with difficulty rapid breathing I was terrified. I took her out and now she seems blind and unable to find food or water so I have been helping and forcing fluids because dehydration seems like a huge concern right now. Once she calmed down and has drank a few times her breathing seems fine. I question a seizure from dehydration? Her overall behavior is off she hangs from the cage and fell twice and is just dazed and seems lost or blind. She tolerates being held and drinking from her dish when presented at her nose or from a medicine dropper. I'm leaning toward dehydration or calcium deficiency but she normally has yogurt once or twice a week. The only vet that would see her is 2 hours away and I'm trying to home treat if at all possible. TIA
Sudden glider sickness

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Sudden glider sickness