Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
How to tell if my sugar glider is male
Question
Dec 31 2020
05:41:25 AM
Hello! I'm wondering how I can tell my sugar glider's gender? I have 3 boys, and recently added another glider. I was told he's male, but he's pretty young so I'm wondering, how can I double check? I looked around where I thought he had a slit for a pouch and thought maybe he's a she, but there didn't seem to be an obvious opening. I know he's younger than the other 3, but i was wondering, is it possible that a female can be decieving in terms of the slit to their pouch? Like, can it seem like there isn't one when there is? I checked pretty thoroughly, and didn't want to pull. Do males sometimes not have noticable poms, or can they kinda seem like females until starting to reach puberty? I can add a photo tomorrow if needed. Right now everyone is separated, and i plan to get them neutered soon.
Pictures
Dec 31 2020
06:10:32 AM
Rurukat Starting Member Visit Rurukat's Photo Album 2 Posts
Here are pictures i was able to get. Ii know he looks a bit weird, he likes his head covered, but i promise he was fine when holding him.
Question
Jan 01 2021
07:43:00 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Hello!
I'm sorry but I don't see the picture.
If it's a boy there should be a noticeable pom, no matter the age. If he's already been neutered then the pom could be gone so that would make it harder to tell.
Question
Jan 18 2021
05:00:07 PM
jmprgrl Starting Member Visit jmprgrl's Photo Album 2 Posts
I just talked to the vet about getting my boys neutered, they are about 4 months old, and had to check if their testicals were descended yet. One defly is and the other is less so. So I think you have to wait for that if it's very young.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders