Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
End of life planning questions.
Question
Mar 02 2021
10:42:51 PM
Hello again glider gossip. I havent been here in quite a few years. But I joined about 10 years ago, and you guys have helped me out many times throughout the years. So let me start this by saying thank you for everything!.

Now the sad part.

Our 13yr old female Google passed away about 6 months ago leaving behind her 2 little brothers who are turning 13 soon. This has got me thinking about what the best course of action is when one of the boys eventually passes.

So here is my question. Do you think it would be less tramatic/more comfortable for the remaining single glider to live out the rest of his life on his own in the comfort of his own home and cage by himself. Or should I rehome him with another colony at such an old age. I do know a few other glider parents locally that I trust.

My wife and I have had an amazing run with gliders, and we wouldnt trade it for anything. However at this point in our life we are ready to have actual babies instead of fur babies. Our boys are still happy and healty(albeit a little slower). But Im just thinking about the future.

Thanks again everyone, for all the help throughout the years!
Question
Mar 06 2021
09:29:45 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.

My opinion is that it would be better for him to be in his home with his humans that he has known his whole life. If it were me, I would carry him around in the bonding pouch with me as much as I possibly could and do extra play time also.

Edited by - Kferg on Mar 06 2021 09:30:48 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders