Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Separating a female to rest…
Health related
Jul 12 2021
10:40:38 AM
My female is looking kind of rough right now. Only way I can describe her I think. She had on first birth, a male Joey, then later she had twin female joeys. I don’t want her to have anymore, but am concern that the males are getting to her and she needs to rest. She is set to go to vet in September, but I worry that I need to separate her from both males. Both males are also set to be neutered next month so the females, especial mommy, will have no more babies. Is it alright to separate her into another cage? The meaning looking rough or ruffled is the way she looks, kind of like a human mommy running around with babies and not grooming herself. They are a family and not for sale. Should I just separate her or get her to the vet now and get her checked out?
Health related
Jul 24 2021
07:33:59 AM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
The more critters sharing a nesting pouch/box, the more cramped it gets and potentially sweaty. She may be enjoying the time with the others and just looks ragged instead of actually suffering. But yes, you can pull her out for awhile. Don't place them close enough to where they can touch through the cages. That can turn out badly.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders