I've read quite a few articles about the toxicity of avocado. I hadn't seen them when I used to feed it, and I fed it quite regularly with no problems for a few months. But not I dont use it.
There are people on here that regularly feed avocado. There are also people who regularly feedgapes, again something I refuse to offer to my animals.
I made a post similar to this about a year ago...
Smoking causes cancer - fact. But not everybody who smokes will get cancer from it.
Apply the same logic to these foods (for people who will argue they feed with no problems)...
Grapes and Avocado are known to be toxic to animals (grapes directly to gliders), but not every glider that eats grapes or avocado will have a reaction to them.
Does this make sense? There IS proof it shouldn't be fed but there are people who still feed these with no problems at all.
Personally I choose not to, and I would definately advise the OP not to feed Avocado again. But ultimately it is your choice.