Subject: Utah Legalities..
Posted by Bourbon on June 26, 1999 at 23:44:02:
In Reply to: Please clarify (To Jen and Bourbon) posted by Jane on June 26, 1999 at 18:37:33:
here is the LAW regarding the ownership and possession of Gliders in UTAH. I have been in contact with them for a few different people trying to help them gain their permits..
the woman I talked with is..Suzanne McMullin
her email addy is.. firstname.lastname@example.org
her telephone number is.. (801-538-4701)
and this is the law regarding them...
I know this law is still valid as I spoke with her just a couple of days ago..
SUGAR GLIDERS CAN BE POSSESSED IN UTAH ONLY AFTER OBTAINING A
CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION. BEFORE AN INDIVIDUAL CAN APPLY FOR A
CERTIFICATE, THEY MUST OBTAIN A LETTER FROM LOCAL ANIMAL CONTROL
ALLOWING POSSESSION OF A SUGAR GLIDER IN THE LOCALITY IN WHICH THEY
LIVE. SALT LAKE COUNTY DOES NOT ALLOW POSSESSION OF SUGAR GLIDERS
OR ANY ANIMAL THAT IS NOT NATIVE TO NORTH AMERICA. REQUESTS FOR
SUGAR GLIDERS ARE APPROVED WITH THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
1. HOLDING FACILITY WILL NOT BE LESS THAN 18 INCHES X 24 INCHES PER
2. HOLDING FACILITY MUST BE HIGHER THAN LONG WHERE POSSIBLE.
3. HOLDING FACILITY MUST BE INSPECTED BEFORE SUGAR GLIDERS ARE
4. HOLDING FACILITY WILL BE INSPECTED YEARLY AND BE AVAILABLE TO
INSPECTIONS AS DEEMED NECESSARY.
5. NO BREEDING OF THE ANIMALS IS TO TAKE PLACE. (POSSESSION BOTH
MALES AND FEMALES NOT ALLOWED.)
6. NO ANIMALS ARE TO BE RESOLD FOR ANY REASON.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE WILL BE GROUNDS FOR
FORFEITURE OF THE CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION.
COST OF CERTIFICATES ARE $5.00 HANDLING FEE AND $50.00 CERTIFICATE FEE
FOR THE FIRST YEAR. RENEWABLE THEREAFTER FOR $25.00.