Subject: USDA Licensing
Posted by IrishCreme on July 05, 1999 at 09:20:50:

In Reply to: USDA Licensing posted by Norma on July 01, 1999 at 17:25:21:

Its really not all that bad once you get the ball rolling.
I wrote out a plan of care including dietary, housing, playtime, quarrantine, ect... which I had my vet approve. From there he came to my house, checked that I was following it, checked out my gliders themselves and suggested a follow up program of (6 month) stool 'floats' and yearly exams.
It is specified on the paperwork that the vet fills out for your USDA records... and he signed it.
You must keep a record of vet care and followup visits so that the Officer can see that you are following the vet reccommended care.
Please make sure that the vet you plan to use has the nessessary knowledge to treat gliders.
You never know just how far you have to go for these little guys... My vet took close to 3 months before he was ready to take us on. :)

Best of luck!

Follow Ups: