Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Ever heard of a dragon fruit? (Pics!)
Question
Mar 26 2010
10:03:48 PM
Have you ever heard of a dragon fruit? Also known as Pitaya? I found out about them about 4 years ago and have always wanted one. Well finally they're having them at a Central Market in Dallas so I'm going to go over there and get some tomorrow! WOOOO.
People say they taste like kiwis and mango and melon. That it has a consistency of a watermelon. they are originally from Mexico and Central America. Look them up and go see if you can find one! They will probably be in a local asia market. :)

Pictures:

Edited by - Mrpianowizard on Mar 27 2010 08:52:01 AM
Question
Mar 26 2010
10:39:45 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Never heard of it, but it certainly looks interesting!
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 26 2010
10:42:10 PM
Ko Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ko's Photo Album Australia 1168 Posts
They are delicious. They remind me of Kiwi in taste but more melon like though. They have a red flesh variety as well as the white one shown.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 27 2010
03:49:57 AM
snusie Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit snusie's Photo Album snusie's Journal USA 2962 Posts
I saw some last summer in Walmart, and got one. It's pretty good! The glider boys liked it too. I understand the red ones have more flavor.
Question
Mar 27 2010
08:42:07 AM
Ko Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ko's Photo Album Australia 1168 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by snusie

I saw some last summer in Walmart, and got one. It's pretty good! The glider boys liked it too. I understand the red ones have more flavor.

Honestly don't think the red ones are any tastier, but they stain like beetroot so they are much messier.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 27 2010
08:51:40 AM
Mrpianowizard Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Mrpianowizard's Photo Album Mrpianowizard's Journal 572 Posts
Yeah, there are like, 3 different flesh colors right? Like a magenta, red and white.
I can't wait to go try one this morning. I have strep throat right now so I'm going to go drink some soup and then hopefully my mom will take me lol.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat