Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires
Clothing counts?
Clothing counts?
Research Information
Apr 01 2012
11:09:12 PM
Hi there! So, I've kind of started this little glider experiment... but, I want some more feedback.

I got Josie and Jesse a few weeks ago, and they're pretty comfortable with me already. !

But, during tent time, I noticed something. When I wore jeans and a plan shirt, they eventually are all over me. (I mean ALL over me. *shakes glider poop out of hair*) But when I wore plaid PJ pants and a graphic tee, they weren't so all-over. Does anyone think that they're more responsive when you wear plain clothing? :D

Default, miscellaneous
Apr 01 2012
11:44:39 PM
KritterCare Face Hugger Visit KritterCare's Photo Album KritterCare's Journal USA 633 Posts
I think it's a preference for the fabrics. I have noticed that my girls will spent more time on me if I have sturdier clothes on, which is OK by me because it protects me better from those little nails.
Research Information
Apr 02 2012
08:35:17 AM
RChurch Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit RChurch's Photo Album RChurch's Journal USA 1377 Posts
I wear fleece pj pants and a cotton t shirt for tent time. I hear denim is also good to wear but I wouldn't want to wear anything that might catch their nails...you know, like lace. I'm very careful not to wear a lace bra just in case that would be the day I get a bra baby for the first time. Certainly don't want any negative associations with their experience, you know?

I also make sure to wear socks because, as my husband discovered, NOT wearing socks means the toes get chomped on. Poor guy!
Research Information
Apr 02 2012
11:47:40 AM
vns1gliders Joey GliderMap Visit vns1gliders's Photo Album vns1gliders's Journal 31 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by RChurch

I also make sure to wear socks because, as my husband discovered, NOT wearing socks means the toes get chomped on. Poor guy!

Haha. Unfortunately, even with socks, my toes get nommed on. D: I think, though, shaking your foot a little when they jump on is a good way to discourage it.
Research Information
Apr 03 2012
01:53:36 PM
RChurch Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit RChurch's Photo Album RChurch's Journal USA 1377 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by vns1gliders

quote:
Originally posted by RChurch

Haha. Unfortunately, even with socks, my toes get nommed on. D: I think, though, shaking your foot a little when they jump on is a good way to discourage it.

Obviously, your socks are too clean. If you had MY socks… They would not mistake you for something delicious, trust me!
Research Information
Apr 04 2012
09:34:51 PM
vns1gliders Joey GliderMap Visit vns1gliders's Photo Album vns1gliders's Journal 31 Posts
quote:
Obviously, your socks are too clean. If you had MY socks… They would not mistake you for something delicious, trust me!

I'm wondering if they will grow out of it. I'd rather be bitten by gliders than avoided by my family because my feet smell awful! Haha.

Maybe it's a baby thing? Hopefully? XD
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 13 2012
11:54:11 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Do you wash the Jeans differently from the "plain clothing"? I use fabric softener with my towels and jeans but not on lighter weight clothing. Your gliders might be reacting to a difference in the smell of the fabric.

Research Information
Apr 15 2012
12:09:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Candy

Do you wash the Jeans differently from the "plain clothing"? I use fabric softener with my towels and jeans but not on lighter weight clothing. Your gliders might be reacting to a difference in the smell of the fabric.

I don't know. (My mom does my laundry... I'm still in school, living at home. Haha.) Actually, now, I can just put my hand in the cage and they crawl on. I don't think it's an issue anymore. Haha.
Clothing counts?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires
Clothing counts?