Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Food Hogger!
Food Hogger!
Food, Diet
Jan 28 2013
07:37:24 PM
So I have been having this problem with my male (Brego) lately where he has been eating most of the food and not leaving much for my other two. Also I have noticed that he has been getting a little chunkier than he was so I'm worried about him overeating and becoming overweight. I feed my gliders the HPW diet which they all seem to really love and every night along with their diet I give each a TBS of fruits and a TBS of veggies. I have tried feeding them at different times to keep Brego from eating Gwen and Dart's portions too but he gets very aggressive about the food and will rush to it and will hiss and make noises if the other two even come close. He normally isn't aggressive at all, really he's a big sweetheart except for when it comes to eating then it's like his attitude changes completely. I'm getting really worried about this problem and I could really use some insight from anyone about what I could do or what might be going on with him.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 28 2013
07:41:25 PM
Darbi91 Glider 83 Posts
Have you tried feeding with dishes at opposite sides or different levels of the cage? He can't be at two food bowls at once.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 28 2013
07:48:39 PM
MalCathryn Joey Visit MalCathryn's Photo Album USA 12 Posts
I actually have split the food into two different bowls and I noticed tonight when Gwen went to the other bowl Brego went over and scared her off and started eating out of that one.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 28 2013
08:19:29 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Put one more bowl than you have gliders and in separate locations in the cage.

Your food hog cannot guard them all.

You can use some hanging cups so you can put some up high and some lower in the cage. A bit of foraging will be good exercise for them as well.

These hanging cups work well.

Food Hogger!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Food Hogger!