Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sweet potato and asparagus.
Food, Diet
Feb 04 2013
11:53:01 PM
I was wondering is i should cook these before serving or just feed raw??? Also is there a certai part of an asparagus that should not be feed?
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2013
12:01:03 AM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
I can't speak to the asparagus since that is one veggie I haven't fed to them yet but I would probably steam or litely cook in the microwave to soften it.

The sweet potatoes they did not like raw at all but love them cooked...same with carrots, they have to be cooked or they won't eat them.
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2013
12:10:18 AM
amanda8111993 Glider Visit amanda8111993's Photo Album 104 Posts
my two boys absoutly love fresh raw carrots, their not a fan of the frozen ones. I'm introducing them to new fruits and veggies their pervious owners didnt keep them on a good diet. They seem to like the asparagus, atleast the tops, the bottom they sort of threw aside.
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2013
12:17:17 AM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
@ Amanda...did you feed the asparagus raw too ?
I wish mine like raw carrots...they like their yellow zuchinni squash cooked better than raw too.
I have done A LOT of experimenting to get them to eat their fruits and veggies to see what they like and don't like...I swear they are as bad a my boys were growing up.;)
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2013
12:28:36 AM
lol. yea i fed them raw. It did take 3 days for them to get use to the new foods. They didnt like coconut too well, but they loved the water from the coconut
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2013
07:12:59 AM
sleighr Face Hugger Visit sleighr's Photo Album AZ, USA 648 Posts
I slice carrots with a potato peeler. Sometimes serve sweet potato same way. Does not mean they will eat it, some like it some don't. I am going to try offering a steamed version of some vegetables they don't much like now and see if that changes their mind.
Food, Diet
Feb 05 2013
11:57:54 AM
i left my carrort is chuncks or just bought baby carrots whole in their food dishes, they seem to like that better so they can hold onto it.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders