Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
I think I have a problem......
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2014
04:09:14 PM
I seen my suggies on the 16th for a bonding session at my breeder's and I am going into some withdrawal I think. I keep doing things (watching Pretty Little Liars, my show), or typing up homework on the couch, or stalking glider gossip (pretty bad for that), or checking out other people's pictures of gliders, or going over their cage and rearranging things.... and thinking about them. I just can't stop thinking about them!!!!!! Everything I do even if it isn't sugar glider related I'm like I wish my babies were home and we could do bonding pouch time right now. Or "wow this sweater has a really nice pocket I bet the babies would love sleeping in there". I just keep thinking about them non-stop, and about playing with them and doing tent time and bonding. I can't wait for them to come home so we can do bonding tent time every night! I'm never not looking for new toys and they aren't even home yet[:D. I think I have a problem. If I didn't have this site to help occupy my suggie obsessed mind I think I might have already gone nuts....

Feel free to share funny, cute stories/pictures to tie me over until they come home!! First week of March, COUNTDOWN IS ON!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2014
05:38:22 PM
MoMo MaMa Face Hugger GliderMap Visit MoMo MaMa's Photo Album TX, USA 914 Posts
You are not alone . I was like that at the beginning too! I have pictures in my album. Feel free to look
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2014
06:05:04 PM
Sharitza787 Glider Visit Sharitza787's Photo Album FL, USA 104 Posts
lol... you are not alone trust me! Im new to this site and new to a special 3 legged glider names Buddy ive only had him for 2 weeks and im completely obsessed! he was 14 week when i got him (now 16) and not tamed at all!! so i have my work cut out for me!! im constantly online looking for info and stalking this page lol!!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2014
06:31:01 PM
sunglider Face Hugger Visit sunglider's Photo Album 669 Posts
It is caller Glideritis, you have the disease. Welcome to owning Sugar gliders. At least you already have a good start with diet and bonding. I was obsessed with finding out if I had the right diet, if they were eating enough, if they were up enough, if they were acting normal. I am glad I was done with that part, because that was exhausting.

Just know that you are not alone. These small creatures have a way of stealing our hearts. My 14 year old son and I have enjoy playing with our gliders together. It has become a very special time between the two of us and our gliders. I feel closer to my son with the gliders, because at least it is something we have in common that we both love and enjoy.

Wait till you get them home and see how they jump back and forth and do the silliest things ever. Ours love to climb up the curtains and down the curtains and jump to us from the curtains. They are so freaking cute. Plus when they fully love you and look up at you and let you pet their cute little face it is as rewarding as when your child smiles at you when they were babies.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2014
08:59:28 PM
JessPuck Glider Visit JessPuck's Photo Album 144 Posts
Haha glad I'm not alone! I'm very thankful I got a diet set out for me (my breeder literally has all the recipes printed out in detail and exactly what they get each day of the week) so diet is not a stress for me at all! Thank the lord! Getting a head start on bonding really has been great! It really showed the last visit when we progressed from a couple crabs to no crabs! And little miss sassy pants Aria didn't even crab about her pouch which Derrick told me is usually the only time he's gotten any crabs out of her. She really loves Greg (I don't know why, I'm obviously more loveable !!) but I will share if I have to. Ezra seems to like everyone but spends more time crawling on me, I guess they're like little people, and are drawn to or connect with some people faster than others. I blame it on their breeder being a male, she's more comfortable with males........ it's not over yet. Lol we want them to both love us equally really though, I am mostly kidding about my irrational jealousy over a critter smaller than my hand..... glideritis... I may need help. Greg and I already bond over it (Greg being my boyfriend), and I find him quite adorable when he's got a teeny tiny Aria is his sweater pocket petting her and talking to her while she sleeps. I just can't wait for them to come home! Oh by the way adorable pictures MoMo MaMa and Sharitza!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 20 2014
12:04:17 PM
Sharitza787 Glider Visit Sharitza787's Photo Album FL, USA 104 Posts
Thanks! U only have a couple more days to go!
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 16 2014
10:32:58 PM
FigMynt Starting Member Visit FigMynt's Photo Album SC, USA 9 Posts
Thank god I'm not alone!! I love mine to pieces and I swear I fall more and more in love with him everyday!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories