Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
bonding
bonding
Information
Apr 12 2014
06:37:28 AM
so the girl that had the female glider i got had not handled her in 6 months, she went in the room once a week to fill the food dish with pellets, it holds about 2 cups or so, she refilled it once a week. i gave her one table spoon of bml and one table spoon of mixed veggies and one table spoon of chopped blue berries and cherries and melon, she ate all the bml, and alot of the veggies and fruit.
here are my concerns, when i open the cage she crabs, i put in pieces of fleece with my scent on them. if she is out of the pouch (she has a wicker finch nest and i put in a pouch and she chose the pouch) and last night when i opened the cage to feed her she went crazy, but she didnt crab, she only crabs if she is in the pouch.
for right now she is in my bed room and i moved vincent my male to the living room as he is used to the noises here so i figured that would be less stressful for him and plus he stays out til about 730 playing, she went to bed at about 5 am.
how do i build trust with her? and how long do i give her to get used to being here?
i am not introducing them til he is nuetered.
Information
Apr 12 2014
10:03:15 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Her entire world is new and scary to her right now. Give her 2 or 3 days to just chill out in her cage. Talk to her quietly when ever you are near her cage but don't try to handle her yet.

Put her food in early - before she wakes up so that she will be less upset at having her cage opened and so she will learn that food will always be available when she wakes up hungry.

put a few pieces of fleece with YOUR scent on them in her sleeping pouch. (tuck them in your clothes or pillow case for a few hours to get your scent on them)

She should begin to calm down in a few days - then begin offering treats or petting her through the pouch.

Be patient, take lots of time and let her get to know you and trust you at her own pace.

You have at least 30 days of the quarantine to build her trust in you before you begin introductions.
Information
Apr 12 2014
11:36:51 AM
raisnok Glider 51 Posts
thank you
Information
Apr 14 2014
07:04:38 AM
raisnok Glider 51 Posts
we have started the bonding process i took her pouch and put it in a bonding pouch and she is with me, at first she wasnt happy, everytime i moved she crabbed, she crabbed when i put her in the bonding pouch also.
but it has been about 30 minutes and she has calmed down alot.
bonding

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
bonding