Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My Boys will not eat their fruit/veggies UNLESS........
Food, Diet
Apr 13 2014
03:13:20 PM
Hello EVERYONE,

To start off I currently have four suggies two boys and two girls! My boys are Nerf and Blue My girls are Fara and Zoey !!!! My concern at hand is my boys absolutely will not touch their veggies and/or fruit UNLESS it's in a puree form... Its works fine because I will blend up fruits and veggies and mix it with their HPW for dinner time .. SO they do get their fruits and veggies ....My question is .. Is it okay that they only eat their fruits and veggies pureed? .. They do chomp away at yogurt drops anytime lol They are both healthy and nothing is wrong with their teeth or mouth ... Does anyone else have suggies this picky ?

Edited by - AnnXoJ on Apr 13 2014 03:13:45 PM
Food, Diet
Apr 13 2014
03:37:41 PM
Helen88uk Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Helen88uk's Photo Album United Kingdom 1774 Posts
I have 5 adults that will only eat fruit and veg blended. I've fed them a blended diet for almost 3 years now. I also feed my other gliders the same diet just for convenience and they clear their bowls every night :)
Food, Diet
Apr 13 2014
03:41:36 PM
AnnXoJ Glider Visit AnnXoJ's Photo Album 83 Posts
Thank you helen I really appreciate your quick response :) Good to know there are other suggies like my boys !
Food, Diet
Apr 14 2014
12:47:32 AM
brread22 Glider Visit brread22's Photo Album USA 98 Posts
my suggies are all the same.

all 5 of my suggies will never touch their fruit and veg. the older two used to but recently stopped...i think it was because i mixed in a fruit they dont like. but i'm not sure

i used to blend their fruit and veg but thought that since they were older that i'd start giving it to them chopped, they went well with this until recently and now none of them touch it.

i might have to try mixing it in with the OHPW to see if that helps

tonight i put a little honey on top of the fruit and veg to see if that helps any. (just a tiny bit)
Food, Diet
Apr 18 2014
09:57:14 PM
AnnXoJ Glider Visit AnnXoJ's Photo Album 83 Posts
I haven't tried chopped yet .. Thinking I will try that as well as the honey idea :) just to see but when I purée their dinner I do mix it wth the ohpw and they devour it (given some days there's a bit left) but overall they eat it up ! My girls on the other hand love apples and cantaloupes lol

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders