Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
rescue glider
rescue glider
Rescue
Apr 15 2014
12:22:53 PM
Hi, everyone I'm looking torescue a a glider in need of a new home. I live in maryland
Rescue
Apr 16 2014
06:58:34 PM
Cora1 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Cora1's Photo Album TX, USA 935 Posts
Have you checked the rescue groups on FB

Rescue
Sep 28 2014
07:04:41 PM
groomermo Starting Member 3 Posts
Hi I have a rescue question I own a 5 month old baby girl named kleo and I rescued a 2 yr. Female I know she's in perfect health I have her vet paper work. I've had their cages next to eachother and have been swopping their stuff when it comes down to introducing them in a neutral room if it goes well do I put them in the same cage that night? And is there a possibility things could still go wrong? I want to the best for my babies.
Rescue
Sep 28 2014
08:01:48 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
When you introduce them in neutral territory, have a clean (or new) pouch for them to go into if they seem to be OK with each other. If they settle down and sleep together, then put them (in the pouch) into a freshly cleaned cage and let them finish their day's sleep together.

Be sure to feed them before they wake up and put food in several different locations in the cage so there is no way one glider can chase the other away from all of the food dishes.

You might put the cage where you can hear them the first night or so, but if they are willing to sleep together for the day - they will probably be fine together when they wake up.

If they do fight when you put them together, or when they wake up, then separate them and start the pouch and toy swapping again and try again in a week or so. Be patient, they can learn to love each other, it just might take a few tries.
rescue glider

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
rescue glider