Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BML Experts?
BML Experts?
Food, Diet
Apr 17 2014
09:53:30 PM
I have recently moved my gliders to the original BML diet. They love the mixture, and devour their peas, corn, and green beans. However, I am having problems making them eat their fruits and carrots.

Also, I posted this in the health section and haven't gotten answers. Perhaps it was the wrong section?
quote:
So, I have two gliders: a standard grey male (un-neutered) and a white faced female.
I got both of them at the end of December 2013 at 8 weeks OOP.
I have recently switched them over to the original BML after being on an unstable diet.

My male glider is looking much better after the switch.
His fur has evened out and he has cubbed up a good bit. (:

However, my female is looking worse.
It looks like her weight is the same, but her fur is cracked even more.

All of the BML mix is gone when I wake up in the morning, but all the carrots and fruit are left over.
Can anyone explain what might be happening to my female glider?

Thank you in advance!
Food, Diet
Apr 18 2014
12:10:38 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
I do not feed BML, but I do find my gliders leave the carrots behind on the night I feed mixed vegetables each week - especially if I have given them generous portions.

Try measuring the mixed vegetables you offer. It is very easy to offer more than the recommended 1 TBS per glider. If you stick close to the 1 TBS mixed vegetables and 1 TBS fruit per glider, they are more likely to eat some of everything.

If your gliders are like mine, they will fill up on the corn and peas first - and if I have offered more than necessary they have no room to eat the carrots so they go untouched.

If I limit the serving to the 1 TBS per glider - they eat the carrots also.
Food, Diet
Apr 18 2014
06:46:20 PM
Melonbat Starting Member 7 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Candy

I do not feed BML, but I do find my gliders leave the carrots behind on the night I feed mixed vegetables each week - especially if I have given them generous portions.

Try measuring the mixed vegetables you offer. It is very easy to offer more than the recommended 1 TBS per glider. If you stick close to the 1 TBS mixed vegetables and 1 TBS fruit per glider, they are more likely to eat some of everything.

If your gliders are like mine, they will fill up on the corn and peas first - and if I have offered more than necessary they have no room to eat the carrots so they go untouched.

If I limit the serving to the 1 TBS per glider - they eat the carrots also.

I measure out 1 TBSP per glider every night. The fruits and veggies still almost go untouched. ):
Food, Diet
Apr 18 2014
08:43:57 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
If they are NOT eating the vegetables and fruits designed to go with BML - there may be an issue of them eating TOO MUCH CALCIUM without adequate phosphorus to balance their overall intake.

I would look for another feeding plan ASAP since they are clearly not with the BML program when it comes to eating the vegetables and fruits necessary to balance the amount of calcium in BML.
BML Experts?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BML Experts?