Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
MAJOR behavior improvement after neuter!
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 01 2014
01:53:10 PM
Hi all! Just want to share the magnificent transformation our glider made after his neuter. He is just over a year old. He would lunge at us, attack our hands, do stress circles and watch us for hours on end because he was just neurotic, pounce on his female cagemate, bite her, attacked his joey, etc. After the neuter... he'll take food from our hands, he's gentle with the female, and he'll climb all over us during play time! He doesn't watch us like a crazy man anymore. He jumps between us and climbs onto our heads! It's amazing. We have also had him over 6 months now, so he is more used to us- but STILL, it was mostly the neuter I think. =)
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 09 2014
10:23:52 PM
LexiGlider Glider Visit LexiGlider's Photo Album IL, USA 58 Posts
My first set of gliders were really bad at attacking us. So I chose to get the pair neutered. Instead of doing a surgery the vet decided he wanted to try to tie the testicles off and let them die. So there would be less pain to the gliders. I made successful e-collars for my babies that he now has me make when other gliders get neutered. Anyways my boys came from a bad home. They were locked in a basement where no one played with them and they were starved so bad one of my poor babies died. But his brother Ash was in such bad condition I left him in urgent care, the poor baby had been through way to much stress and they told me I needed to get another glider asap. Well I ended up finding three more poorly treated gliders and now I am turning them all back around and Ash has came back and is doing much better with his new family. I think the neuter he went through was rough but his behavior is much better!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories