Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Ensure?
Ensure?
Food, Diet
Jul 16 2014
02:25:42 PM
When I feed my babies ensure, how much do I give them? Do I feed them ensure daily? Do I still give them their regular nightly meal?
Food, Diet
Jul 21 2014
11:19:56 AM
Lewisa Joey Lewisa's Journal 17 Posts
Yes you still have to give them fruits and veggies with the Darcy Diet. I use to give mine about a tablespoon, however I have three gliders. This diet was actually made for a sick glider that was losing weight fast. Ensure can be very fattening for them so you have to be careful with it. I would not give it to them daily. I actually have the hpw diet for them and they love it. I do have to mix honey into it for them to eat it but they eat it all.
Food, Diet
Jul 21 2014
11:56:54 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
xopaigery:
Ensure is not nutritionally designed for sugar gliders and should NOT be used as a substitute for one of the widely used glider staple recipes fed with a wide variety of fruits and vegetables.

Lewisa
quote:
I actually have the hpw diet for them and they love it. I do have to mix honey into it for them to eat it but they eat it all.

If you are feeding HPW - I assume you are using either HPW Complete or Instant HPW - it already contains HONEY in a dry powdered form and you should not add additional honey to it. Doing so will only increase the sugar content and HPW is already very sweet.
Ensure?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Ensure?