Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
My glider is a fighter :)
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 21 2014
09:37:26 PM
My glider is a fighter. My sugar glider Bill has been through so much! His determination causes him to strive. At the end of last December he lost his mate of 5 years due to self mutilation. It was horrible but too late. For about a month he was very confused. Then came the loneliness. I took on the role of bonding with him. I became his new partner. But at night it wasn't enough. I notice the tip of his tail was losing hair. Every night there would be less and it started to become red. I got nervous. I believe that time was when I found this wonderful site. It has helped me so much. I am only 13. The gliders were just handed to me one day because someone could no longer care for them. I wasn't going to leave the lovely little creatures so I took on the task. Back to the story. I found out that Bill was self mutilating his tail. I was scared. Every night I was afraid I would go to his cage and find him dead. I didn't want to lose him, too. After about a week it stopped and began to heal. I thought I was in the clear. Nope. Three months ago it got bad. The last section of his tail, it was like a centimeter, became a shrivel. Just a scab on bone. It remained like that for a while. Didn't get any worse. If you've made it this far you might as well stick around for the ending. About three weeks ago the little nub in his tail could bend to a completely right angle. Bill had bitten it so hard that he disconnected the last tiny section of tail bone. I went on vacation for five days. I came back. The nub was still there. The next night it was gone. I must have broken off. I but some antibiotic ointment (for people) on it even though it was even anything. Since then his fur has almost completely grow back and he's super happy. I never took him to the vet. I couldn't afford it. I just want to show people that things can work out. Don't give up. I'm sure Bill and I will have more ups and downs but right now I'm happy with what I've got. If you wanna help me out though. I live on Long Island and have been looking for a single glider to be Bill's friend. Don't bring up the craigslist people though. They refuse to respond back to me. Love you all. Hugs and kisses to you and your gliders.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories