Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Suggie changing colors?
Suggie changing colors?
Health related
Jul 21 2014
10:14:56 PM
Hi guys, when I first adopted my suggie in april, he was a cinnamon brown color. Around may/June, I started him on LGRS suggie soup along with 1 tbsp of fruit and 1 tbsp of veggie and a SMALL portion of extra protein such as boiled egg, boiled chicken, or mealies. Now, his brown is fading to a light gray color on his lower back. Does LGRS have anything to do with it or should I see a vet?
Health related
Jul 21 2014
10:28:07 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
No need to see a vet - he is just loosing the staining from a previously poor diet. The 'cinnamon brown' coloring was not his normal coloring.

He will soon be a beautiful grey glider.
Health related
Jul 21 2014
11:50:50 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
I agree, they're supposed to be light/medium grey. A poor diet will turn them more brownish, so that's probably what it is. If his behavior is normal then he's probably just becoming healthier!
Health related
Jul 22 2014
07:13:06 AM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
Wow! That's awesome news then! I'm very happy Yes his behavior is normal. In fact, he has WAY more energy now than he did when I first got him! I'm so happy my little Meiko is gaining his nutrition back
Suggie changing colors?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Suggie changing colors?