GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
one over weight, one under weight?
Food, Diet
Jul 24 2014
11:21:51 PM
Hi!
So I have two gliders, one I have had all her life and she has always been on the verge of being considered under weight. Before I got my second glider the vet would always ask if I fed her enough.
I got my second glider back in December, and he was a rescue. I don't know anything about his previous ownership but I noticed as soon as I got him that
A.) He had a little fat on him. and
B.) He ate A LOT more than my other glider.

Since I've gotten him he's steadily gained more and more weight. He's to a point now that when he stands his belly touches the ground. Every time I take them to the vet they're shocked at his weight gain, especially because my girl is so small.

He is a lot more active than my girl, always on the wheel and running around the room. He's awake more and runs everywhere. He's rarely ever still. He's also a lot stronger, and more able to get around than my female.

Basically I need to know how I can help get him to lose weight while getting my girl to maintain (or gain) her weight. I don't want to take food away, because I'm afraid none will be left for her.

As a side note they're fed the hpw diet, with fruits and veggies. My female gets live mealworms pretty often, (unlike my male who rarely gets them) as suggested by the vet to help get her weight up. But she doesn't know how to handle their weight differences either. Last time I went she informed me that Thumper, my male,was getting unhealthy because of his weight and it was becoming a serious issue.

Please help if you can.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders