Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Rep-Cal and Vionate Vit. Mineral Powder
Food, Diet
Aug 11 2014
01:19:49 PM
Does anyone know how many grams are in one teaspoon of each? I am lacking a kitchen scale.

Also, do you know how many mg of Ca and P are in one tablespoon? I can figure that one out, but if someone just told me that'd be even better :)
Food, Diet
Aug 11 2014
09:57:27 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Are you looking at the Rep Cal Herp-avite mineral supplement?

Or the Rep Cal Calcium phosphorus free with vitamin D?

What diet recipe are you using/making?

Most diets list a specific supplement to be used and can not be substituted.

Food, Diet
Aug 12 2014
12:47:12 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
The amount of calcium in a teaspoon of calcium supplement varies from one brand to another.

The weight per teaspoon will also be different for different brands because some are a finer powder than others.

As stated, most glider staple recipes call for a SPECIFIC brand and amount for any supplements called for in the recipe and you follow the directions for the staple you are preparing.

I do not think any of the staple recipes indicate the amount of supplement to be used by its gram weight.
Food, Diet
Aug 12 2014
01:18:15 PM
MandyMN Starting Member 2 Posts
I use SunCoast's wholesome balance with fruit and veggies and protein every other night.The boys get their calcium and vionate via mango nectar ice cube.

The reason I was wondering was because I was researching the Leadbeater's diet. I know they call for 1 tsp but I also wanted to get all of the ingredients in grams to see the diet's as-fed intake/day and then get total energy, Ca, P, fat, and CP concentrations :) Just doing a little research. SunCoast's wholesome balance doesn't provide much information so I wanted to switch to a ration where I know what I am putting in their bodies.

The Calcium supplement is without phosphorous.

I got a scale and figured it out, though :) Thanks for responding anyways.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders