Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Glider Update!! Have not been on the site in ages!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 12 2014
07:54:43 PM
Well, I have two twin boys for everyone who remembers me, I thought I had a boy and a girl but ended up with two boys. Max and Rudy, max is a leu and Rudy is a standard grey! They are about 8 months old now, both neutered and healthy happy little boys. I am obsessed with my little fellas and have an extreme online shopping addiction now. I actually just got about 300$ worth of suggie stuff in the mail today, I was so excited I had to open the box before I even got home! They now have a new coconut foraging toy, a new pouch, a new bonding pouch, a new treehouse a variety of new treats to try (I do feed treats in moderation) and a bunch of other new toys and cage accessories, as well as a new cage set!! This weekend my boyfriend and I are actually building our first pvc cage for them. I mentioned in a previous post how this summer I planned on building a bigger pvc cave for them, well the time has come! We are thinking 2 ft wide so if fits through doors sideways, 5 feet long and 6 ft high again to fit through doors. I also just acquired a genji tent! Which is very exciting, our old tent was fun but not enough screen to climb on and sometimes I got really loving.... and painful face hugs. Those are the best........

Would love to hear form everybody! Ive been so crazy busy enjoying my gliders I legitimately havent had time to brag about them and how much I love the little farts.

Default, miscellaneous
Aug 12 2014
08:50:38 PM
sunglider Face Hugger Visit sunglider's Photo Album 669 Posts
Awwh thanks for sharing.

I remember you, and I also have not been on the forum in awhile. I only occasionally check out the forum once in awhile.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 12 2014
10:37:30 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Yeah..Hi strangers!

I'm glad you are all enjoying your babies and the Glider-itis that goes along with it!

Would really love to see some pictures when ever you get a chance too...from You too Sunglider!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 13 2014
07:36:54 PM
I know I am bad about posting pictures. Guess what you guys I will be getting a mosaic glider sometime in October. She just came out oop just a few days ago. I am so very excited. I meet the breeder at the last Glider round up and her gliders have finally had a Mosaic. She is also selling her at a very good price. I have to drive to Ohio to pick her up, but Sue is really nice and she gave my high complements on my son Logan who is know 15 years old.

Anyway I will have to post a picture of my new Mosaic suggie. I have to start thinking of a good name for her.

Default, miscellaneous
Aug 14 2014
01:03:57 AM
That is so awesome! I know you have always wanted a pretty colored glider! Yes, Definitely PICTURES please!

I'm so jealous you go to go to the round up, and I totally missed this years web participation. It was a pretty great the year before...even with our "technical difficulties"!

I haven't really posted anything on here about my 3 new rescued boys that I picked up a few weeks ago from a humane society in Mankato. They are still pretty skittish, so I'm just taking it slow with them.

I think I am going to need to move some gliders in and out of the 3 colonies. (Maybe go to 2 if I can and I don't chicken out). My Sugar Daddy Dexter got another dominance wound, so as soon and 2 of the new boys are neutered next week (only one was neutered) I will start scent swapping.

I hate to do it but I feel so bad for Daddy, he is my biggest love bug. I think the twins with him now are going to meet their brother and sister in the other colony. I am still running scenarios in my brain... Wish me luck!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 14 2014
05:11:51 AM
PeanutandSid Glider Visit PeanutandSid's Photo Album 56 Posts
Good luck, Minn Zoo. I hope it works out. I have faith it will. :)
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 14 2014
08:30:17 PM
As soon as I get an update of my new Mosaic I will try to post a picture. I am not very computer savy so that has alot to do with my lack of posting pictures. I am actually getting her from Sue that sells the rescue kits for Joeys. So I feel super blessed. Plus I really like her as a person too. She spent time talking with my Son Logan. I look forward in the future to driving down to Ohio to pick my glider up sometime in October. I will have to start thinking of a name. I am also curious of how her coloring will look. She already has a white lightning bolt pattern on her neck area.

So very excited.

Oh and Minnesota I hope it works all well with you in moving your colonies around.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 14 2014
10:46:59 PM
Thanks you guys. I am optimistically hopeful.

Congrats Sunglider, Suz is awesome, I am so excited for you!

I would love to meet all of those glider girls in person someday.

Does she still run the Glider Initiative? It's pretty cool they get to do pet expos and have a booth set up that looks amazing. Tons of fleece stuff and cool toys. I wish they were closer to me. I wouldn't miss it.(and I would be super broke buying up cool glider gear )

I have ordered their calendars, the emergency kit and emergency binder, those cute little stuffed gliders that are joey life sized and have entered a few fundraiser/raffle events.

I like to support their cause when ever I can. I have given out their link on fb quite a few times too.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 15 2014
04:29:22 PM
Yes she is still apart of the glider initiative, and I was just having such trouble picking things at the last rally to buy so that I didn't spend to much money. So many cool stuff, I agree.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 15 2014
06:13:34 PM
JessPuck Glider Visit JessPuck's Photo Album 144 Posts

There is a couple pictures of my boys, love hearing everyone's plans! I am way too excited to build our new big cage for the boys. We have reconsidered sizing and we are actually doing 7.5ft tall, 4 ft long and 2 feet deep. This is the best measurements for us space wise and it gives the boys tons of room.

I have been considering something, and I would like to know what everyone thinks.... I am considering in the distant but near future (early 2015) expanding my colony... I would really really love a couple of girls. And my boys are both neutered so I could have a non-breeding colony of four.. potentially. Its just an idea right now, and I am thinking it over and will continue to think it over for a while! I am not really an impulsive person with these things. I do have the cage the boys are in now that the girls could stay in during the beginning until they can be put together (and hopefully become a colony of 4). And the big pvc cage I am building is big enough for 4 gliders. I am also considering adopting joeys or girls that would match my boys age (they will be 1 on December 17th).. so a couple girls around 1 or 2 years old. Im really quite unsure and would love opinions! I would really really really love a mosaic girl and a wfb or platnium.. Im not going to lie a little sugar glider fantasy of mine is to have a colony of four and all four are different colors. As I have a leu and standard grey right now. Love hearing from you guys, and I wish everyone the best with their new additions and moving colonies around and just living the suggie life! It really is a lifestyle, sometimes people dont understand that.

Default, miscellaneous
Aug 15 2014
09:36:41 PM
Great Picks Jess! They are beautiful!

I actually think adding to your colony is a great idea!

Getting gliders the same age, or younger gliders you will want to wait until they are close in size but just follow the 30 quarantine and introduction protocol and it will be great.

They will LOVE all that room! And More room for more toys!

That's my 2 cents...
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 15 2014
09:39:07 PM
Cool Pictures Jess, thanks for sharing. I need to post some too
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 16 2014
09:27:49 AM
Thanks!
Would you think it'd be better to get girls their age or close to their age? Just so they're all kind of on the same playing field when they meet...

I think my boys would actually enjoy having a couple girlfriends in their colony :)
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 17 2014
12:48:42 AM
Closer in size is more important than age.

You don't want anyone getting picked on and couldn't defend themselves.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 17 2014
10:00:54 PM
Rudy is kind of big, my standard grey, I don't know why he's not fat he's just big. Whereas max my leu is more on the petite side. I would only worry about Rudy as he is bigger max I don't think would outsize many full grown gliders. It's hard to match cause one is a bigger glider and one is smaller. Rudy is also the bossier one of the two, but both do eat plenty I have made sure it's not because he's hogging the food and not letting max eat. If I adopted full grown girls I guess I would just have to watch once they're introduced if they are a bit smaller. If I adopt joeys how long until they should be full grown size? How long would they need to stay separated after the 30 day quarantine? I have never introduced gliders obviously and would need to continue researching into it and making sure I understand everything and how to ensure it goes as smooth as possible. My boys are my first gliders ever although I think I'm pretty good at the Glider life now lol
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 18 2014
12:12:15 AM
The males will naturally be a bit larger but you would not want to put a joey half his size in with him.

My joeys were pretty close to their Mom's size at around 6 months old, she is on the petite side (Daddy is my chubby guy). The twin joeys just turned a year OOP on July 31st and the boy is noticeably bigger than the girl.

The girl and her Momma look so much a like I can barely tell them apart now. I can tell by their personalities who is who because the little girl is very out going and friendly and the Momma is very shy and reserved.

What ever gliders you decide to get you will want to vet check them and have fecals done and then do a second fecal test in 30 days. Then you would start swapping sleeping pouches and toys, moving there cages together about a foot apart so they can smell and see and talk to each other without being able to grab the others thru the cage. That usually goes for about 1-2 weeks.

Then you would clean the cage you want them to share very well, wash all items in it or use brand new stuff and introduce them to each other in the bathtub (in a glider proofed bathroom)during the day when they are sleepy.

When they crawl in the clean sleeping pouch and sleep together all day, they should be fine. If any of them were to "Ball up" and attack each other...they need to be separated right away(check for any wounds from bites) and start over with the scent swapping.

There is a link on introducing gliders in the Gliderpedia tab too.

Default, miscellaneous
Sep 05 2014
08:00:31 PM
sugargldr Glider Visit sugargldr's Photo Album 61 Posts
Wonderful pictures. They're fabulous! Keeping them close to size would be my concern not age. As long as they're close in size you should be good at least in that regard.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories