Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Arguing?
Arguing?
Health related
Aug 15 2014
02:37:58 AM
Do gliders ever get in prolonged 'arguments' where they don't particularly like eachother? For a little less than a week one of my gliders was chasing the other one which seemed to make her unhappy judging by the noises. Now they just don't seem to interact as much. I don't know if they are sleeping in the same pouch.

Also,
Does anyone else have a glider that will suddenly go into 'beast mode' and become extremely jumpy and active? One of my girls will occasionally get overly active and you can see her tail moving around in the air into a curly s-shape. She will all of a sudden jump from one place to another jump back, so forth.
Does anyone know what this means?? She is very skittish when this happens.

Thanks
Health related
Aug 15 2014
08:23:50 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
Hmm. It would help to know the gender, age and how long the gliders who are 'arguing' have been together. Any other glider's in the house?

"Beast mode", I love it. When one of my girls gets worked up over chasing a feather or something she will do that.
Health related
Aug 15 2014
08:30:45 AM
rustypossumfart Face Hugger Visit rustypossumfart's Photo Album USA 459 Posts
My gliders chase each other and pull each others' tails (specially when they are trying to steal food from the other), and while this is going on they are being really noisy, chattering an clicking.

Then my female is like you described: "beast mode". She is always been very skittish and hyperactive though, I don't know if yours started all of the sudden. Freyja, my female, does the tail think when she is "stalking" something, usually a feather or eucalyptus leaf I'm holding. Loki, my male, does it as well but only when I am holding a mealie (his favorite treat).

It would help to have the information Blue asked for.

Edited by - rustypossumfart on Aug 15 2014 08:33:44 AM
Health related
Aug 15 2014
03:45:01 PM
BandP Super Glider Visit BandP's Photo Album 389 Posts
Our girls will sometimes do that-sometimes I think they have "had an argument" because I get up in the morning and they are each in a separate pouch.

And sometimes they chase each other, sometimes (frequently it seems) I see them with the tail doing snaky things. One of them, Cheyenne has what I call 'hurky jerky' movements- she slides from side to side, up and down my arm or across my back like that. Other times she just jumps or climbs or acts normally, but she does the hurky jerky thing quite a bit.
Health related
Aug 16 2014
12:11:37 AM
Lewisa Joey Lewisa's Journal 17 Posts
My girls will sleep indifferent pouches when they get into arguments , actually just happened today they're fine the next day no need to worry about it all girls have their tiffs
Health related
Aug 17 2014
04:38:06 PM
pocketandmew Glider Visit pocketandmew's Photo Album 97 Posts
This is relieving! My girls came together from the same breeder and I got them on December 22, so almost a year. I only have the two gliders. I'm sure they are just having little arguments, we all do :)
Health related
Aug 17 2014
07:23:20 PM
Toodles_Jennie Joey Visit Toodles_Jennie's Photo Album Toodles_Jennie's Journal TX, USA 49 Posts
I have two girls, almost 2 years old that I adopted couple months ago, they have been together since joeys and they have little spats too. Sometimes it's little nothings that go away after a bit and sometimes not, then usually they sleep in separate pouches. "Beast mode" lol Jennie does that when she has crickets in the tent during tent time, or a specific toy she's chasing. It's kinda like a cat thing, she does it when she's stalking something. Don't know if you have cat's but when they are stalking something they are so focused on what they want that they will be extra skittish of their surroundings.
Arguing?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Arguing?