Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Long Island sugar glider owners!
Question
Aug 19 2014
01:36:42 PM
I'm trying to find a vet that would neuter a male but the few that I've found are all saying $300 and up! Has anyone in this area found a vet less expensive that would perform the surgery? Long Island, New York.
Question
Aug 19 2014
06:15:51 PM
sillydasha Glider GliderMap Visit sillydasha's Photo Album sillydasha's Journal NY, USA 63 Posts
Hey! I live on Long Island and because I have two females Im unsure how much a neuter would cost but maybe if you havent already you can try Island Exotics, it's in Huntington Station. When I went for my gliders toe amputation it was extremely expensive, and to be honest with you I feel they took advantage of me because I was 19 at the time. So make sure you pay close attention to what they're suggesting.

I say if you find one that will do it for $250-$300 then bite the bullet because LI is relatively costly. Anyways, you get what you pay for so again, you might just want to save up :)
Question
Aug 19 2014
07:51:36 PM
jack96 Starting Member 2 Posts
thank you, sillydasha! I did call them and they said $300. I'm looking to get females really. can I ask where you got your sugar gliders? (If you got them on Long Island?) I was considering Parrots of the World in Rockville centre and also found this woman in Dix Hills who seems to be somewhat of a breeder. Thanks!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders