fastinating
fastinating
Funny
Sep 04 2014
12:04:12 AM
soooo i made a ton of mistakes

and she still doesnt like being bothered while slumbering

and i still need a cage

however its day 4 of my new baby, and sweet heart is slowly earning her name.she attacks playfully and is now free range at night which we both prefer. the goal of her ambush is my yogurt.... my yogurt not hers......

she accepts treats from my hands, and while still skittish isnt crabbing what so ever unless shes sleeping, she protects my hat valliantly. we were both terrifiex at first and while neither the cowboy or the lady in my hat trust eachother yet, we are learning.

so anywho, funny story, as i clean her enclosure daily, water only, i move my hat with her inside while she rests, today no crabbing, until she realised she was on the couch , i hear her crabbing from across the room, and when she realised she was alone she did a form of face palm by means of beating up her nesting cloth, not crabbing, she just bit it ran around the inside of the hat and went back to sleep
Funny
Sep 04 2014
12:28:38 AM
mallory_em4 Glider Visit mallory_em4's Photo Album 88 Posts
Aw that sounds so cute. They have such interesting personalities. One of mine once got mad at me for giving her treat to my other glider (granted that kia actually STOLE it I did not give it to her) well Bella proceeded to pout and she went to the back of her critter carrier grabbed a piece of poop and literally threw it at me (so hard the it bounced off of me)!!!

So how has the whole free range been going? I think if I did that I'd wake up with nubs for fingers (my Bella whom is a rescue has a biting problem at the moment).
Funny
Sep 04 2014
10:47:21 PM
Thebadparent Joey Visit Thebadparent's Photo Album 17 Posts
yeah, sweet heart gnaws me fingers, i stay up at nights, and cage her in the day when we both go to bed, any tips on the gnawing thing, yogurt on my finger, she licks, just my finger, she starts light and progressivley bites harder
Funny
Sep 04 2014
10:56:01 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
If you are offering yogurt on your fingers you need to follow the 3 lick rule

Three licks then RE-LOAD the finger!

Gliders lick saps from plants and tree bark - when the sap is gone they bite the plant or rip some bark to start the sap flowing again.

If your finger has no sap (yogurt) the glider's instinct is to bite the branch (finger) to get more sap to flow.

Funny
Sep 05 2014
06:24:13 PM
sugargldr Glider Visit sugargldr's Photo Album 61 Posts
for those that find it difficult to do the honey or yogurt on the finger I've put it instead in the plastic lid of a soda bottle which I hold in the middle of my palm. The Sugar Glider then climbs up onto my hand or arm to eat from that tiny dish.
fastinating

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
fastinating