Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
heat cycles???
heat cycles???
Question
Sep 06 2014
08:35:06 AM
I have a few questions concerning heat cycles in my girls. We now have 2 trios of girls. Hopefully we can introduce the 2 trios for an colony of 6. I know females can be moody and have various temperament changes firing their heat cycles. I was a wondering if their cycles can affect their appetites as well. Also what is their normal cycle? How often do they come into heat? And lastly, as silly as it sounds will they all develope a similar rythm eventually. The main reason i ask is because i am seeing a similar pattern already with our 1st trio. In regards to eating patterns and the frequency with normal spats between cage mates. They have never had any real fights but our platinum girl espescially asurts herself from time to time. Is almost always a very distinct loud verbal warning. I have started to notice the pattern tonthe frequency of her testyness. Lol. Pms blues im assuming. Anyway just wondering how often they cycle, if it can affect their eating habits, and if they will develop similar cycles. I ask the last because we have horses as well and i know they all come in to heat around the same time. It is more than coinsidance as new mares coming in over the course of a few months will also start cycling on the same schedule.s
Question
Sep 06 2014
09:31:16 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Gliders go into heat about every 30 days. Many folks have reported their girls all go into heat about the same time.

Heat cycles are one of many things that might cause your gliders to eat less for a few days. The full moon is also credited with a reduced appetite. Your gliders will not starve them selves by eating less for a few nights - EVERYONE - humans and animals have variations in their appetites based on how they feel at the moment and what is going on around them.
Question
Sep 06 2014
10:04:46 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
I swear I think my girls and I are in sync now.

They're testiness (in our house) usually lasts 2-4 days...I figure the longer amount is due to them hitting it a day or so off from the other. This week it was longer and they were much more vocal about it than at other times. Sometimes they'll just hiss a bit, get grouchy with each other and (gently) wrestle around during play time. This week, Lisle was hissing so loudly and constantly all night it sounded like someone standing in the middle of the house with a big squirt bottle. That and constant barking. On a normal night we hear a barking/song at around 4am. I had to close my bedroom door 4 nights in a row, which I really don't like to do because I like to keep an ear out for them...enjoy hearing them in the night. We just weren't going to get any sleep otherwise!
Question
Sep 06 2014
12:27:48 PM
squirt1226 Glider Visit squirt1226's Photo Album 90 Posts
Thanks. That's pretty much what I've noticed. They seem far more vocal. No fighting just very loud vocals. Far more than usual. It also seems they eat less on the nights that there more rucuss. I don't know if there is a way to know for sure if it actually is that one or more is in heat, but I assumed it might be. It lasts about a week or so just long enough to make me start to wonder if something up. Lol. Then the next couple weeks they are back to normal and as sweet as can be. I just wanted to double check my assumption as we have only had them a few months so we are still learning their vocabulary and habits. Plus the girls are all young and still sorting things out. They've been bonding nicely without any real problems. Tho they've worried me a bit here and there. I plan to start introducing the trios together soon. Probably one at a time. I'm sure that will cause some temporary chaos too. Lol. Wish me luck...son far all the girls have taken right to one another and the two cages are side to side and neither trio seems remotely concerned about the other. If anything they are curious and even talk back and forth.from one group to the other.
Question
Sep 28 2016
01:06:16 PM
Mina Adel Starting Member 4 Posts
is that a sign for marrage appears only in adult females ???
heat cycles???

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
heat cycles???