Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
cage cover
cage cover
Question
Sep 14 2014
12:51:51 PM
Does anyone use a cage cover? Just wondering if i need one.
Question
Sep 14 2014
07:23:44 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Only if you want to...it is totally up to you.

Some folks put plexiglass on walls behind cages for easy cleaning and some cover the whole cage and some just the sides.

I have vinyl table cloths (from Walmart for $5) and wrap the back and sides and clip on with the black binder clips, and that keeps the walls clean and drafts to a minimum.

They can be hosed off to clean and reuse or tossed. I use them for theme cages sometimes too. I use a flat sheet to cover the fronts at nite, so they just get washed with the glider laundry when they get splattered. I do not cover the front of the cages during the day at all. They need the daylight in the room so their body clocks stay on queue. And the top is mostly open,I like to leave it 2/3 open for air circulation and ventilation.

You can use a shower curtain too and even attach that to your wall(or the cage).

I did the cage so it wraps on the sides so that also helps keep the food and poo in the cage.

Question
Sep 15 2014
08:27:36 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
I have a fitted cage cover but I have rarely used it. It comes in handy for when they first into your home and are adjusting. I'll also use that if for some reason I have people over and lights on at night (I'm a hermit so this rarely happens ). I'm a shower curtain user for the mess issue. They have walls on two sides of the cage and I just have the shower curtain covering that corner attached to the wall with command strips.
Question
Sep 15 2014
03:15:43 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
thanks for the input, everyone! I guess I really don't need a cover.I have a vinyl tablecloth under the cages and the back edge is tacked to the wall to catch the droppings. Not the prettiest, but it works for me.
Question
Sep 16 2014
07:58:48 AM
TnDairyGirl Joey Visit TnDairyGirl's Photo Album 29 Posts
I made my own cage cover and set out of fleece. However, I had to make two different ones so I could wash them every week or so. It's all up to you.

Question
Sep 16 2014
02:39:39 PM
mallory_em4 Glider Visit mallory_em4's Photo Album 88 Posts
Dairygirl- I LOVE your cover! Its so cute!.. I made my own too just like that but its black fleece and attaches with velcro around the cage legs.
Question
Sep 16 2014
04:35:26 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I like your braided ropes! I willhave to make some.
cage cover

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
cage cover