Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
sleep pouch in bonding pouch
Question
Oct 08 2014
08:49:40 PM
I understand for new gliders getting them out of bed and into the bonding pouch can be difficult without literally turning their bed pouch inside out

The sleeping pouch I have fits nicely inside the bonding pouch, and putting the whole pouch in the bonding pouch is much easier than attempting to lure him in with treats or forcing him in.

Is there any reason NOT to do this(put one pouch in the other)?
Is it there any reason TO leave the bed pouch in the cage and not carry it around?

Thanks for the advice!
Question
Oct 08 2014
10:10:36 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
As long as your glider does not get too warm in the combined pouch it should be fine. I expect that getting too warm might be a problem if both pouches are double layer fleece but if they are single layer it should be fine.

If your bonding pouch has a strap that can be removed, you can also hang it in the cage in place of the sleeping pouch. Your glider will sleep in it just as he would a regular cage pouch and all you will need to do each day is take the pouch out, zip it closed and attach the strap.

Just be very careful to unzip it when you put the pouch in the cage for the night.
Question
Oct 08 2014
10:43:42 PM
rjpope42 Joey Visit rjpope42's Photo Album 46 Posts
Thanks Candy, I'll be sure to watch out for the heat thing!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders