Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Out of the cage
Out of the cage
Question
Oct 10 2014
01:40:43 PM
does anyone have any ideas for toys outside of the cage? Homemade or store bought it doesn't matter. Or maybe just some games I could play with my gliders. I just feel like when ever I play with them they are just jumping from my arm to the cage. I've done the tent before and she seem to like that somewhat. Also my glider does not like to be on the ground at all, is that a normal thing?
Question
Oct 10 2014
02:28:06 PM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
Hi! I have a wheel duck taped to my dresser and mine runs on that all the time! I also have paper lanterns and dream catchers with a lot of feathers attached to my ceiling that he loves to jump on (they weren't intended to be glider toys, but now they are ) I also have some pom pom balls spread out on my dresser that he loves to jump on and attack. You can pretty much make a toy out of anything for gliders! They are not picky when it comes to play time
Question
Oct 10 2014
02:30:18 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
I depends on how long you've had your glider, type of play area, bonding, age, lots of factors.

In general play time isn't so much about them playing with you, although plenty do begin to interact with you more as time goes on. Some like toys out of cage, some don't. Mine for example...want nothing to do with toys. Just things to climb on and jump from!

I hang sheets securely over one end of our window blinds to give them a place to climb. They repeated climb and glide to the bed, my head, my face...

Having her cage in the same area as her play area may cause a bit of her hesitance to really explore and play.

Toys, Toddler toys such as the little people tree houses, things like that. Feathers and feather teasers (for cats but NEVER with catnip as it's toxic to gliders). Felt pom poms from craft stores, strips of fleece, wiffle balls, ping pong balls, cheap plastic little girl bracelets, crazy straws. Take a look around your dollar store and craft store. You'll get the toy addiction quickly. I did...but it slowed after i realized they had little interest other than gliding, scoping out the room from the highest spot possible like snipers, and hanging out on my shoulder to whisper in my ear for a sec.

Out of the cage

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Out of the cage