Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
NOW calcium carbonate?
NOW calcium carbonate?
Question
Oct 17 2014
01:10:18 PM
Where can I find NOW brand calcium carbonate supplement for adding to Candy's staple diet?
I want to try making her diet the next batch of diet I make to make the diet planning a tad easier for us.The girls don't care for high calcium foods except for broccoli; they don't like papaya or prickly pear or anything else I've tried so far. They love things like peas and beans which don't have much in the way of Ca:P ratio. But I can't pair those with a high Ca fruit since they don't care for the ones that have a higher Ca:P ratio.

Silly girls!
Information
Oct 17 2014
02:46:59 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
I buy the Now Brand Calcium Carbonate at an Organic Food grocery store that also sells vitamins and supplements called NutritionSmart. I am sure there are many other similar organic food stores.

You can also get it online here:

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-881-now-foods-calcium-carbonate-powder-12-oz
Question
Oct 17 2014
09:50:15 PM
BandP Super Glider Visit BandP's Photo Album 389 Posts
So is any brand of calcium carbonate ok to use?
Question
Oct 17 2014
10:49:01 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Not all calcium carbonate powders contain the same amount of calcium per teaspoon. The NOW Brand Calcium Carbonate has 1200 mg calcium per teaspoon.

If you find another brand that has the same amount per teaspoon you could use it. If it has a different amount of calcium per teaspoon you would need to calculate the correct amount of that product to use.
NOW calcium carbonate?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
NOW calcium carbonate?