Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Glider ball pit
Glider ball pit
Question
Oct 20 2014
06:32:54 PM
So I have two sugar gliders and a ball pit with Pom-Poms, and both of them don't seem to want to go in it. From what I've heard, most gliders love it, and I've seen tons of pictures of them inside of it. My gliders have sniffed the sides of the pit and tried biting it, but they don't want to go in. Even if I put them in there myself, they jump out right away. Does anyone who has a ball pit of their own have any tips on how to introduce them to it? I really want them to have this toy to play with. TIA! :)
Information
Oct 20 2014
09:02:06 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Try putting just a few pom poms on the bottom and toss in a few treats for they to find. After they are OK with just a few pom poms add a couple more each night.

You might also try using ping pong balls or the small plastic wiffle balls sold for golf practice.

It could just be something about the pom poms - like the scent - they do not like. Maybe the pom poms just need a few days to air out and start to smell like the glider's home before the gliders will like them.
Question
Oct 21 2014
08:50:38 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
My girls just aren't into certain toys, etc. I thought the ball pit would be great because of their natural urge to forage, but nothing I did with it was acceptable to them...although they would quickly pick out any treats that were in there. After that they totally ignored it. Most toys, Euc, aren't very interesting to them either. I have a couple odd balls! They like braided fleece vines that I hide treats in. Their bell balls. Strips of leather that are re-set on top of the cage each night because they spend a great deal of time pulling them all down, and stuffing as many as they can into their pouch. The plastic bracelets are only interesting to them if I tie one at each end of a leather strip and loop over a bar at the top of the cage. They'll pull one side into their pouch. It's always fun to see what they've been up to all night rearranging their 'stuff'.
Glider ball pit

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Glider ball pit