Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
different movement..?
different movement..?
Question
Nov 05 2014
08:54:32 PM
This evening I had the girls out by myself while my wife was at choir practice. Luna, our female glider that loves to eat my ears, was on my shoulder annoyed I was wearing ear phones when she starting moving...interestingly....

She moved partway down my arm and then kinda lurched forward/rocked forward then back more onto her hind legs. She did this a couple times and proceeded to jump around and continues to move around looking normal, apparently happy (chirping quietly as cleaning/grooming my or wife's (returned and joined us) cheek, and still trying to bite ears, or at least checking to see if it is possible. My wife arrived shortly after Luna's odd movement. She thinks she was marking me on my arm. I am hopeful and tend to think nothing is wrong. I noticed her do this once before shortly after scratching her back on the toy box one evening a few months ago.

Any ideas, other than marking, as to what would cause them to move in such a manner. We regularly rotate in different fruits and veggies with the Womberoo GliderKidz diet. They have a water bottle and water dish in their cage (dish at playtime).
thanks for the help,
bp
Question
Nov 05 2014
09:21:27 PM
BandP Super Glider Visit BandP's Photo Album 389 Posts
I would like to add that she does this occasionally for the last 4 or 5 months. Very rarely, and it only lasts less than 15 seconds.

I don't think anything is wrong she acts just fine and it is rare. I know that females do mark; her actions remind me though of a dog "humping' someones leg.
different movement..?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
different movement..?