Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
CAGING QUESTIONS Help please
Research Information
Nov 07 2014
04:56:20 PM
I am going with my friend tomorrow to Pick up two female gliders, mom and daughter..

They come with this cage, and a couple cage accessories for only $250, which I think is a pretty good deal.

My only concern is that she should upgrade the cage.. I feel like the width is way to small, its a good height, and the glass? … I have rats and they need bars for ventilation.

She wants to fix it up and try to put some kind of wiring on the cage.. but she will never be able to fix the width. I have read that they need a lot of cage space..

What do you all think? She might be mad at me because I think its to small and she should invest in a nice spacious cage for them, but I love animals and I'm the one who found the add for her, so I couldn't help but voice my concerns.

I make a lot of hammocks for my rats so I plan on making her a bunch of different fleece hides and little pouches.

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag341/emily_bee1/photo_zpsfa08eb39.png
Research Information
Nov 07 2014
05:15:02 PM
emaweebee Starting Member 2 Posts
Anyone?? Please? Need some advice here?
Research Information
Nov 07 2014
06:12:22 PM
Trina0579 Starting Member Visit Trina0579's Photo Album Trina0579's Journal 6 Posts
If you go under the gliderpedia link, there is a housing link for all the recommendations and the size being 32x20x30. I personally have a custom cage I just recently built if you would like to look at it on my photos to get some ideas.

You are right though, size is very important because they need lots of room to run, jump, glide, etc. A wire cage is great but be sure it is coated wire at least 1/2" spacing or less. Galvanized wire can cause urinary tract infections.

Good luck with your friend and helping her get set up. Feel free to ask anything else and if I can't help, there are many people here that are always willing to offer advise

Research Information
Nov 07 2014
10:35:59 PM
LooneyTuni Joey Visit LooneyTuni's Photo Album 30 Posts
That is a very cool cage, but I think it would be more suited to a reptile that needs a high humidity level. If it were me, I'd definitely upgrade to a wire cage.

As for the pouches and fleece items- may I be completely nosey and ask what styles you make? I've been making cage sets and things for my babies, and I'm always looking for new ideas.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders