Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Question about mesh
Question about mesh
Information
Dec 11 2014
03:00:33 PM
I'm looking to get some mesh to put in my cage but I'm not exactly sure if there are products to not buy. I've seen vinyl, welded?, and plastic? Is there a difference? I know I can get some at Lowes and Home Depot for like 16 bucks but is there some that I shouldn't buy? I want something like the mesh in my stealth wheel.
Information
Dec 11 2014
07:45:24 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Sorry it has been so long for reply.

The plastic landwire mesh is what you're looking for. I believe thee larger size grids are what is used in cage making, while accessories (such as wheels) are usually made with the smaller sized grid, I don't remember the actual sizes though.

From reading another post, I've heard that the smaller size, probably what you're looking for can be found where they have gutters or covers you put on gutters, though I've not actually been to check it out myself. I actually have some larger grid that I've made some cage tunnels with, I know it's larger than the mesh size used in wheel, but not sure if it's as large as used for cages. The tunnels I've made seem to be ok.
Information
Dec 11 2014
09:19:01 PM
BandP Super Glider Visit BandP's Photo Album 389 Posts
Plastic mesh is what you want. I was looking to get some about a month ago, I found it at Lowe's. Blue Eagle landware plastic mesh.

Galvanized can be toxic, and some PVC. I know I was finding a plastic smaller mesh for putting on gutters, and I was told this is what I want. That mesh was about as wide as a gutter plus a little on each side, so it was too small for what I wanted it for. I put it on the bathroom wall for them to run on. They love it!
Question about mesh

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Question about mesh