Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BML Diet question
BML Diet question
Food, Diet
Jan 20 2015
09:19:21 AM
I am wanting to do the BML diet but I've been reading wheat germ isn't good because of the iron content and should be replaced with cereal but doesn't say what kind isn't it more baby cereals?
Food, Diet
Jan 20 2015
09:27:47 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
These are the instructions for the complete BML diet.

http://www.angelfire.com/nb/sugarglider/leadbeat.html

Wheat germ, when used in the proper amounts as per the instructions in a recognized balanced diet will not give a reason to be concerned about the iron content. It is also an ingredient I use, however I no longer use the BML diet.
Food, Diet
Jan 20 2015
09:29:59 AM
John_A32 Joey Visit John_A32's Photo Album 12 Posts
What diet do you use? I already have the BML supplements so whatever I can use them in will work lol
Food, Diet
Jan 20 2015
09:57:02 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
The BML supplements are very specific to the BML diet. I'm not sure that there is another diet that calls for those brands.

I use Priscilla Price's diet, personal preference...and she's my breeder. But, wheat germ is a component of that diet. You can find it here: http://www.thepetglider.com/glider-care-info/nutrition-system#Recipe

Her diet requires a completely different supplement that incorporates vitamins and minerals as well as tree gums, etc. It is only available through her company.
Food, Diet
Jan 20 2015
03:52:43 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
The biggest source of iron in the BML recipe is actually the BABY CEREAL which is iron enriched for human babies.

I revised most of my GliderKids Staple recipes a few years ago to remove the baby cereal and increased the Wombaroo High Protein Supplement to replace it.

My GliderKids Leadbeaters still contains wheat germ and baby cereal but uses a human grade calcium supplement so you do not have a restriction on fruits and vegetables fed with it. The recipe does use the Herpivite vitamins since it does not contain Wombaroo High Protein Supplement as a vitamin source.

One of these might be an option for you if you want to look them over.

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com/Staple-Recipes.html

If you have not opened the RepCal products you may be able to return them.
Food, Diet
Jan 20 2015
08:08:26 PM
John_A32 Joey Visit John_A32's Photo Album 12 Posts
Hey Candy if I was doing your leadbeaters could I still use the RepCal instead of the NOW or would the dosage be different?
Food, Diet
Jan 20 2015
11:21:09 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
The dosage would be different because the Now brand calcium carbonate has 1200 mg calcium per teaspoon and RepCal Calcium has 1025 mg per teaspoon.
BML Diet question

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BML Diet question